Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm Back! (or trying to be)

Well, here I am.....writing on my blog again.....what a weird thing haha. I'm going to try to update this more. Even though nobody even reads it anymore most likely :).

So.....sitting here, listening to Relient K, trying out my new computer that I probably paid a little too much for (but I like it), I'm thinking about the fact that we are into a whole new year, a whole new decade. Wow. I have changed so much in the past 10 years. Heck, a lot of that change has even taken place in the past year. So for this first post, I'm reflecting on some learnings and changes (for better or for worse).

In the past year:
-I have learned a lot about relationships. Specifically, a relationship with a certain someone. Darin Bruce Widrick has been one of the most important people in my life this year, and I still don't quite know what to do with our relationship. But time and prayer will tell.
-I've learned that in some ways I compromise way more than I ever thought I would. Some of these compromises aren't a big deal. In others I know I need to start standing up for what's right more often.
-I've learned the satisfaction that comes from working hard and paying your own way.
-But I've also learned that money isn't everything. In my crazy busyness with jobs, I've let some relationships slip by. I hope to start working on those this semester.
-I've learned how to deal with stuff, like delayed flights and going with my boyfriend to check into the hospital when he had MRSA.

-I've learned that I have a long way to go, but that I'm a very lucky girl, with all the people who love me no matter what and would do anything to help me. My parents, Darin, and especially my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I would be lost without Him.

Anyway, there's a lovely disjointed post for you. I'll work on this organization thing later. Maybe tomorrow I'll give you a quick update on life in general :)

3 comments:

The Munchkin Queen said...

I still read you. Post more!

Music Discovery Requirements said...

I am reading too!

Michaela said...

Achoo! All the dust flying up made me sneeze, but I'm still reading.